Today I tried to install the new CRM2016 plugin for Outlook 2016. I had a strange problem because the installation run but I did not have any errors:
I had the previous status without a progress. I tried to wait for 30 minutes and after I stopped the setup.
On Eventviewer I found a continuos error for service “Computerbrowser”
I tried to restart the service but it was impossible because there was an error 1053.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
After a google scouting I found a solution:
- Go to Start > Run > and type regedit
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
- With the control folder selected, right click in the pane on the right and select new DWORD Value
- Name the new DWORD: ServicesPipeTimeout
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify
- Click Decimal, type ‘180000’, and then click OK
- Restart the computer
The cause of the problem was that the Microsoft Windows Service Control Manager controls the state (i.e., started, stopped, paused, etc.) of all installed Windows services. By default, the Service Control Manager will wait 30,000 milliseconds (30 seconds) for a service to respond. However, certain configurations, technical restrictions, or performance issues may result in the service taking longer than 30 seconds to start and report ready to the Service Control Manager.
After this procedure the Outlook plugin was istalled without any problem.