Today I passed the Microsoft Dynamics 365 exam on Customization & Configuration (MB2-716). I just would like to share the preparation tips that I’ve done to get this certification nailed down.
Note: You will not find any question that related to the exam here and I won’t give you any of it, as it is part of the NDA.
Source #1: Dynamics Learning Portal
Source #2: Revision Notes
Another source that is really helpful to help me passing this exam is Neil Parkhurst’s revision notes: https://neilparkhurst.com/2016/07/14/mb2-712-certification-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2016-customization-and-configuration-revision-guide/. The content is for Dynamics CRM 2016. However, 80-90% of the content is still applicable for Dynamics 365.
Source #3: Hands on Experience
As the wise man says “Experience is the best teacher”, hands-on experience with the system is a must!
So, without breaching the NDA, below are the topics (not exhaustive and I’m not covering all topics here) that I hope would help you to prepare for the exam:
- Folder-level tracking (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn946907.aspx)
- Mobile & Tablet Customization – Mobile/tablet limitations, behaviour of Mobile/Tablet apps, Navigation of Mobile/Tablet apps (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn531159.aspx)
- Quick View Form, when and how to use it (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn531145.aspx)
- Solutions – behaviour of Managed vs Unmanaged solutions, what you can/cannot do with managed solutions (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334576.aspx#BKMK_UnmanagedandManagedSolutions)
- Business Rules – What can you do with Business Rules, Business Rules scope, Server vs Client side rules, (https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Dynamics/crm-customer-center/create-business-rules-and-recommendations-to-apply-logic-in-a-form.aspx)
- Business Process Flow – what can you do with Business process flow, BPF limitations (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn531164.aspx)
- Entity Customization General – what entity features that can/cannot be disabled, understanding Entity ownership, field types, calculated fields, etc.
- Some integration with other MS products – Office 365 – OneNote, SharePoint, Office365 group, OneDrive, Exchange
… now enjoy the training and good luck!!